Thursday, March 6

lekker lag

for all the English folk that read this blog, the title means 'having a good old laugh'
last night was youth.. and since God has not yet given me my amazing Iveco comby (small bus more to the point) i go fetch the kids in my big little bakkie trucky thingy
so last night for the first time ever, i had a truck load of girls on the back!!
and you know a bunch of teenage girls.. the screaming around every corner, the concern about their hair.. and then.. the rain!! Yes, these poor girls, they were on the back of an open bakkie, driving at full speed through the rain! and i felt so bad for them. i started screaming about as loudly as they were screaming. My friend Ane, who went with me to pick them up was laughing more at me than at the load of screaming girls! and I'm incoherent, thinking, maybe i should stop (in the middle of the rain) not knowing what i want to stop for, but just stop!! and the more I'm screaming and putting on breaks and then speeding up again, the more my friend is trying to to get me to switch on the windshield wipers!!! can you believe, i 4got to switch them on! i was so worried and screaming and calling Shawn to tell him that we are caught in this terrible weather, that i completely forgot to switch on the wipers.. it was so funny!! and the girls, well, they just loved it! they were laughing and screaming and making jokes and it was awesome! God truely is good!
after cel i tried to organise lifts in cars for them, but they all insisted on driving on the back of the bakkie!!
we laughed so much that our stomachs hurt, our mouthes couldn't close and our hearts were as light as a feather.
and on top of it all we had an amazing cel last night.. i had the pleasure of leading a girl to the Lord and assure her that her life in now in the hand of the One who made Everything..

41 people said:

Anonymous said...

Love ya :-)

Anonymous said...

Wilna says BLOG MORE!!

Anonymous said...

eWilna says - blog more

T said...

Hey! You really need to blog more! ;)

Harley Dee said...

You know you're going to have lots of posts now that Wilna's making everyone tell you to blog more.. is she picking on you or what? :)

Anonymous said...

Update your blog more please, per Wilna

Jen Harrison

Lori said...

Girl, you've got to blog more!!!

tessa said...

Hey!! Wilna wants you to blog more!!

Hugs! Have a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

Wilna says blog more. :)

Allison Cope said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you got some pictures!!!

Wilna tells us that she wants you to blog more Maryna!

Anonymous said...

Wilna says to blog more!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Wilna wanted me to tell you - you REALLY need to blog more!

Lynn (furrball)

Paola said...

Wilna would love it if you would blog more frequently!!

Paola

ME said...

Would you Please BLOG More!!!

ME said...

By the Way - Love Your Blog Header!!

Melissa~ said...

I came over to tell you that Wilna would like you to blog more.

{you may have been picking up on that though...I don't know...just a guess...}

But when the first word I saw was "lekker" I was pretty excited. I used to live in SA and miss it so much. It was such a nice reminder to see that. (and what a sweet testimony to God's goodness.)

Love your blog!
(But you really should blog more.)

Melissa~
Pink Paper Peppermints

MichelleJ said...

Your lovely friend Wilna says you need to blog more. I do too - been peeking at your site since I took her Valentines Class! (whispering: although, I must say you've been busy the past few days with updates, so don't tell Wilna but I think you're doing fine. Maybe just e-mail her more instead?) teehee. have Great fun at camp!

Heather said...

a message from wilna - you really should blog more!!

fran h said...

Per Wilna,
she would like to see you blog more and so would we

Fran

HoweverAlthough said...

I think you should blog more.

Anonymous said...

A little birdie said you needed to blog more.

4guysandagirl said...

Wilma says you must blog more.

Paula Clare said...

Hey girlfriend...love the blog. How about sharing a bit more of your insights with us in blogdom? Blessings!

Juel said...

Wilna says you need to blog more :o)

Angi said...

just wanted to let you know that Wilna thinks you should blog more...and obviously, alot of us agree :)

I LOVE your header, it is AWESOME.

Yay to you for leading her to the Lord, you are such a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Wilna wants you to blog more but this is a good opportunity to thank you for your prayers on behalf of our new mission along the US/Mexico border. I so much appreciate your partnership in the Gospel.
Melissa

Tricia Wilson said...

Hi Maryna! Long time no talk. You should really come around here more often and fill me in on how you are doing. K?

Dettao said...

I guess you know by now that Wilna wants you to blog more! haha

Anonymous said...

Please blog more!

DeniseLynn said...

Trying to say Hallo! (as per Wilna) but the first try did not work so I am trying again!

Roslyn said...

Wilna says you need to blog more!

Just call me "B" said...

Well, according to Wilna, you need to blog more, and if she says it, I probably agree!

Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Wilna says to blog more my dear. jenn www.lukabella.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Blog more, please.

Anonymous said...

More blogging needed.....lol
;-)

Jenny said...

Wilna says blog more :)

Heidi said...

die is SO snaaks!!! Wilna wil he jy moet meer blog!!! enjoy want almal gaan vir jou se jy moet ;-)

Anonymous said...

OK, JY WEET NOU AL JY MOET MEER BLOG..... LOVE YA :-)

Latharia said...

What a wild trip! Sounds like fun! :D

Anonymous said...

So het jy nog nie die picture nie? BLOG MEER- ek weet daar het goeters in jou lewe gebeur die laaste week - so let us know...

ivy said...

wilna says to blog more!