Friday, February 29

rain and stormy weather

last night we had a storm.. probably one of the worse I've ever seen. the thunder and lightning woke up all our kids and it took plenty of charming and begging to get them back to sleep. often during the night our power went out, the road leading out from our farm suffered severe damage..
and this morning, driving into town, i realised that this is so symbolic of my life, my walk, my everything.
i go through storms, that affect the people around me. it upsets, unravels, and confuses them.. then there is the road that was familiar, that suddenly become strange and some places even dangerous.. as if travelling on old familiar roads is not always the road God needs me to be on..
but after the rain and the thunder and the blinding lightning, comes the clean smell of air after big rains, the rainbow, proudly displayed, the new beginning for everything that was under the dirt of yesterdays hustle and bustle.. as much as i might not always like the storm at night, i know the new day will bring a fresh and wonderful surprise..

Isa 43:18 & 19 "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

2 people said:

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend - it is amazing how the rain cleans all...

theaburgerart said...

It reminds me of that song by third day ... when the rain comes.
I know the thunders here in SA, & AS WOMEN WE DO HAVE OUR OWN STORMS, bUT sOMEONE UNDERSTANDS..