Friday, October 31

life stings..

i got stung by a bee yesterday. i was driving, with my arm out the window, as it was one of those insanely hot Tzaneen days. waiving my arm around outside enjoying the cool wind on my arm and up to my face.. then out of the wind, with no warning.. a bee lands on my hand and stings my finger. and not any finger, my middle finger.. i pulled off the road, but the stinger sack thingy had already broken off and i was left with a stinger stuck in my finger and a pending throbbing, burning pain in my near future.
made me think.. this thinking thing.. really should cut down on it!! anyway, i thought about it a bit and realized something. my arm should've been inside the car. probably been on the steering wheel, that's where it should have been.. but because i was sitting in the car, i presumed I'm safe..
that is so how life works..those little foxes that spoil the field!!
we know that we are saved, living the right life, doing the right things.. so then that means we are safe.. but sometimes we compromise, we allow certain parts (areas) of our lives to move outside of the guidelines set by God. and then, well, then we find ourselves affected by the things outside God's plan. usually we ask, how could God let this happen to me, I'm a christian, God should be looking out for me.. well, all i can say is that my car didn't roll, my hand was affected!!
some New Age stuff is like that (well, maybe all new age stuff rather).. it hides itself just outside the guidelines of God's purpose and Word. waiting there for anyone that wonders into their teraine.. so easily they confuse the boundries of the truth with the possibilities and the maybes..
so what am i trying to say.. well, like paul said..

Php 3:7-8 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ

Know Christ, know the truth and don't keep yourselves busy with the lies and the what-ifs and the maybes..
m

2 people said:

caro said...

I so agree with your new-age comment. And Halloween is a big part of that thinking too, it irks me that so few people THINK about the things they expose their families to.

sorry about the ouchie on your fingie!

Anonymous said...

Hallo my friend. Yip, the now in and now were out of the umbrella thing is so scary. And until the rain comes down - we sometimes don't even know that were out under the umbrella. And like you say - might still be alive but then I will be wet...and cold and maybe catch a cold..