Thursday, September 13

Wow, want to share in my revelation?

Rom 12:19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
Rom 12:20 To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head."


so, i was really angry and offended at someone once!! long time ago, haven't allowed myself to be offended since.. anyway, i asked God, you know, what are my rights, what could i do to clarify the situation, how could i prove my point of situation.. anyway, needless to say, His answer was humble yourself, let it go, forgive.. and then this scripture! i was so upset.. that really was not what i wanted to hear.
God said, if i back down, He'll take care of it.. the heaping of the coals will be done by Him.. very arogantly, i asked God if i couldn't save Him the trouble, cut out the middle guy, you know!! Couldn't i just heap it myself and get it over with.. laughed about the mental picture, but let it go, as God told me..
now, years later i told a friend of mine about this and while talking to her, i find myself saying.. 'if you pour the coals, you'll burn your fingers' WOW! That took my breath away..
i suddenly realise, if we take revenge, we are inevetably the ones that get burned.. we hurt ourselves when we try to hurt others.
anyway, maybe that means something to you, it meant alot to me!
God bless you!!

1 people said:

Anonymous said...

Love ya :-)